Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Family History

Assalamualaikum and Peace be upon all of you.
Welcome to my blog.

Photobucket

I have said it in the previous post that one thing I love about Aidilfitri is ‘Family Reunion’. Of course, this is the only time of the year that all of us will gather and reunite with many stories to tell and share.

Photobucket

This is where I was raised, my maternal grandparent village. The village has actually changed dramatically since then. During my childhood, the surrounding is covered with rubber plantation. Thus, the river is crystal clean and at night, firefly will come out and play. The environment change after oil palm is planted here. No firefly and no clean water. No one knows for how many years the village can survive. I have heard about a plan that the place will be developed in the future.

Photobucket

And in my paternal grandparents place, it is once a prosper village. The surrounding is once a rubber plantation, thus, most of the villagers work as rubber tapper. The village at that time is actually a small city, complete with police station, jewelry, theater and streets of shops. But looking at the condition now, it is hard to believe the story. The above house is one of Radin’s Family houses. The house now abandoned after the owner die. The only landmark and symbol of its former glory is the mosque.

Photobucket

Well, that’s it for my story. Until next time!

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Followers