Sunday, March 29, 2009

Earth Hour 2009

Assalamualaikum and Peace be upon all of you..
Thanks for viewing my blog.

Last night, a special events of Earth Hour 2009 starts. About an hour from 8.30pm - 9.30pm, most Malaysians has shut off their lights and guest what? An amazing one hour darkness in the heart of Kuala Lumpur!

KL Earth Hour 2009
KL during Earth Hour (picture from New Straits Times)

Well, the Earth Hour 2009 campaign is all about a 'symbolic gesture to combat global warming'. What I can say is the campaign has get an amazing overwhelming support.

Some information about the events, it is a global events that organized by the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) and it is an annual events. About 88 countries participated this year. Like Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore and Thailand... Malaysia 8TV among the participation TV Station and has halted its program for 1 hour.

How much energy can we saved?? In Sydney, the energy consumption is reduced about 8% during the Earth Hour... probably equivalent to the energy of 48,613 cars!

COMMENTS

Actually I was almost forgot about the events last night. I was just riding alone, minding my own business, when the light around the campus are off. I thought it just a mere blackout. But, the electric supply were fine. When I ask to my friend.. he said.. "1 Hour light off"..

Earth Hour obviously... =)

Sydney Earth Hour
Sydney's Opera House during Earth Hour

0 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Followers